Become a fellow of Div.54: deadline November 15th.
By Avani Modi, PhD
- A grant mechanism will be developed to fund innovative research proposals.
- The annual conference was officially named the Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference.
- The Centers for Disease Control Student Award will no longer be given due to CDC budget cuts.
- The Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference planning went well for New Orleans and the 2014 conference will be held in Philadelphia.
- The Journal of Pediatric Psychology will introduce a Pioneer Series, in which founders, pioneers, and major contributors to the field of pediatric psychology will discuss their thoughts on the field and how it began.
- Div. 54 Awards will be given at Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conferences instead of the American Psychological Association meeting.
- Several updates have occurred to the Div. 54 website, including the posting fact sheets for several pediatric conditions/topics and evidenced-based assessment resources.
- The first issue of Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology was published in March. The next issue will be published in June.
- The SPP Task Force on Competencies and Best Training Practices in Pediatric Psychology will submit a recently developed manuscript regarding contemporary training guidelines at differing trainee levels, including predoctoral, doctoral and early career faculty.
- Several new presidential initiatives are underway, including the creation of a task force on e-health in pediatric psychology, the potential to have a Div. 54 YouTube Channel to disseminate trainings and information about evidence-based treatment in pediatric psychology for professionals as well as parents.