- McCusker, C. G., Doherty, N. N., Molloy, B., Rooney, N., Mulholland, C., Sands, A., . . . Casey, F. (2012). A randomized controlled trial of interventions to promote adjustment in children with congenital heart disease entering school and their families. J Pediatr Psychol, 37(10), 1089-1103. doi: 10.1093/jpepsy/jss092jss092 [pii]
- Nansel, T. R., Iannotti, R. J., & Liu, A. (2012). Clinic-integrated behavioral intervention for families of youth with type 1 diabetes: randomized clinical trial. Pediatrics, 129(4), e866-873. doi: 10.1542/peds.2011-2858peds.2011-2858 [pii]
- Sahler, O. J., Dolgin, M. J., Phipps, S., Fairclough, D. L., Askins, M. A., Katz, E. R., . . . Butler, R. W. (2013). Specificity of problem-solving skills training in mothers of children newly diagnosed with cancer: results of a multisite randomized clinical trial. J Clin Oncol, 31(10), 1329-1335. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2011.39.1870JCO.2011.39.1870 [pii]
- Sahler, O. J., Fairclough, D. L., Phipps, S., Mulhern, R. K., Dolgin, M. J., Noll, R. B., . . . Butler, R. W. (2005). Using problem-solving skills training to reduce negative affectivity in mothers of children with newly diagnosed cancer: report of a multisite randomized trial. J Consult Clin Psychol, 73(2), 272-283.
- Sahler, O. J., Varni, J. W., Fairclough, D. L., Butler, R. W., Noll, R. B., Dolgin, M. J., . . . Mulhern, R. K. (2002). Problem-solving skills training for mothers of children with newly diagnosed cancer: a randomized trial. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics, 23(2), 77-86.
- Seid, M., Varni, J. W., Gidwani, P., Gelhard, L. R., & Slymen, D. J. (2010). Problem-solving skills training for vulnerable families of children with persistent asthma: report of a randomized trial on health-related quality of life outcomes. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 35(10), 1133-1143. doi: jsp133 [pii]10.1093/jpepsy/jsp133
- Wade, S. L., Carey, J., & Wolfe, C. R. (2006a). An online family intervention to reduce parental distress following pediatric brain injury. J Consult Clin Psychol, 74(3), 445-454. doi: 2006-08433-005 [pii]10.1037/0022-006X.74.3.445
- Wade, S. L., Carey, J., & Wolfe, C. R. (2006b). The efficacy of an online cognitive-behavioral family intervention in improving child behavior and social competence following pediatric brain injury. Rehabilitation Psychology, 51, 179-189. doi:10.1037/0090-55184.108.40.206
- Wade, S. L., Walz, N. C., Carey, J., McMullen, K. M., Cass, J., Mark, E., . . . Yeates, K. O. (2011). Effect on behavior problems of teen online problem-solving for adolescent traumatic brain injury. Pediatrics, 128, e1-e7. doi: 10.1542/peds.2010-3721
- Wade, S. L., Walz, N. C., Carey, J., McMullen, K. M., Cass, J., Mark, E., . . . Yeates, K. O. (2012). A randomized trial of teen online problem solving: Efficacy in improving caregiver outcomes after brain injury. Health Psychology, 31, 767-776. doi: 10.1037/a0028440
- Wade, S. L., Wolfe, C., Brown, T. M., & Pestian, J. P. (2006). Putting the pieces together: preliminary efficacy of a web-based family intervention for children with traumatic brain injury. J Pediatr Psychol, 30(5), 437-442.
Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses:
- Eccleston, C., Fisher, E., Law, E. F., Bartlett, J., & Palermo, T. M. (2015). Psychological therapies for parents of children and adolescents with chronic illness. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, Issue 4.
- Eccleston, C., Palermo, T.M., Fisher, E., & Law, E. F. (2012). Psychological interventions for parents of children and adolescents with chronic illness. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Issue 8.