- This event has passed.
Spirituality, Religiosity and Child Health
December 9, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Society of Pediatric Psychology Webinar
1.0 CE Free to Attendees who are members of Society of Pediatric Psychology
Maureen Lyon, PhD
11:05 AM – 11:20 AM EST
Religiousness, Spirituality, and Quality of Life among Adolescents Living with a Serious Illness
- Describe the influence of pediatric advance care planning on spiritual quality of life.
- Describe how quality of life and symptoms are influenced by religiousness.
- Describe how religiousness moderates end-of-life treatment preferences .
Marie Chardon, PhD
11:20 AM -11:35 AM EST
Caregiver Religious Coping, Adjustment, and Integration into Clinical Practice
- Discuss caregiver religious coping and posttraumatic responses in the context of pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
- Outline strategies for clinical psychologists to conceptualize and integrate religious coping into clinical work within medically complex pediatric populations.
Lori Wiener, PhD
11:35 AM – 11:50 AM EST
Communicating with children about death: Cultural and Spiritual considerations
- Describe children’s spiritual development and concepts of death
- Explain cultural and religious considerations that might impede communication
- Identify interventions that can be used to explore a child’s spiritual life
The Society of Pediatric Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Society of Pediatric Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.