Adherence and Self-Management Special Interest Group
The mission of the Society of Pediatric Psychology Adherence & Self-Management SIG is to foster professional collaboration and to further the field’s understanding and use of evidence-based approaches towards the assessment and promotion of regimen adherence among youth with a chronic medical condition and their families, in research and clinical care.
- To assemble and disseminate research and evidence-based approaches to assessment and intervention for adherence via publications, presentations, and the development of shared databases.
- To facilitate research and clinical collaborations by creating shared resources and providing opportunities for networking.
- To develop and deliver training in empirically-based tools for assessing adherence and strategies for improving adherence.
- To refine issues in the field of non-adherence (e.g., writing position statements, establishing best practice guidelines, devising a universal definition of adherence).
- To provide mentorship to students and trainees in the field of pediatric medical regimen adherence.
Communications Chair: Desiree Williford, Ph.D.
Leadership & Committees
The Adherence & Self-Management SIG is comprised of three separate committees:
- Assessment (Co-Chairs: Melissa Young, Psy.D. & Shweta Ghosh, Ph.D.)
- Intervention (Co-Chairs: Kimberly Klages, Ph.D. & Marie Chardon, Ph.D.)
- Dissemination (Lindsay Durkin & Rachel Tenenbaum, Ph.D.)
Members of the Adherence & Self-Management SIG can choose to join a committee and participate in committee-wide activities, in addition to SIG-wide activities. Leaders of each committee communicate regularly about their respective projects and plan for SIG-wide initiatives.
For questions, please contact the SIG co-chairs:
SPP invites members with a shared interest to consider joining one or more Special Interest Groups (SIGs) by logging into the Member Portal and going to "Join a SIG/RIG/Affinity Group" on the dropbox.
For More Information
Please visit our SIG website at: https://div54adherencesig.weebly.com