Adherence and Self-Management Special Interest Group
The Adherence and Self-Management SIG consists of Division 54 members who share an interest in medical adherence. In particular, the mission of the Society of Pediatric Psychology Adherence and Self-Management SIG is to foster professional collaboration and to further the field's understanding and use of evidence-based approaches towards the assessment and promotion of regimen adherence among youth with a chronic medical condition and their families, in research and clinical care.
Our membership includes a diverse cross-section of Division 54 members. These individuals include trainees, faculty members, and hospital/clinic-based practitioners.
The overarching goals of the Adherence and Self-Management SIG are to:
- Assemble and disseminate research and evidence-based approaches to assessment and intervention for adherence via publications, presentations, and the development of shared databases
- Facilitate research and clinical collaborations by creating shared resources and providing opportunities for networking
- Develop and deliver training in empirically-based tools for assessing adherence and strategies for improving adherence
- Refine issues in the field of non-adherence (e.g., writing position statements, establishing best practice guidelines, devising a universal definition of adherence)
- Provide mentorship to students and trainees in the field of pediatric medical regimen adherence
The Adherence and Self-Management SIG is led by two Co-Chairs and the Leaders of three subcommittees: Assessment, Intervention, and Dissemination/Translation.
To find out more about the activities of each subcommittee and opportunities for involvement, please visit the following website: https://div54adherencesig.weebly.com/
The library can be accessed through the following link: https://div54adherencesig.weebly.com/intervention-library.html (Please contact the SIG co-chairs for the current password)
The SIG typically hosts an annual meeting at the Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference. Meeting times and locations are announced via the SIG email list prior to the conference.
Members of SPP who are interested in joining the Adherence and Self-Management SIG should contact one of the SIG co-chairs:
SPP invites members with a shared interest to consider joining one or more Special Interest Groups (SIGs) by logging into the Member Portal and going to "Join a SIG/RIG/Affinity Group" on the dropbox.