Cardiology Special Interest Group
To bring together APA Division 54 members with an interest in improving psychological and behavioral outcomes for children, adolescents and adults with childhood-onset heart disease and their families, by promoting the development and dissemination of research, clinical and advocacy initiatives.
- Advance prevention, identification, treatment and psychological support strategies for people of all ages affected by childhood-onset heart disease.
- Foster new and existing collaborations to advance the understanding of psychological and behavioral aspects of childhood-onset heart disease.
- Disseminate relevant evidence-based resources, including presentations, peer-reviewed publications, reports, resources and tools.
- Highlight and contribute to new research, clinical, advocacy and policy opportunities relevant to childhood-onset heart disease.
- Celebrate the successes of our membership by showcasing quality work.
- Address key challenges in our field through the development of new initiatives, such as position statements and best practice guidelines.
- Encourage and mentor students, trainees and early career professionals to be the next generation of leaders in the field.
Nadine Kasparian, co-Chair
Nicole Dempster, co-Chair
Additional members of leadership team:
- Kristina Espinosa, Secretary
- Alexandra Lamari Fisher, SIG Liaison Officers
- Micah Brosbe, SIG Liaison Officer
- Colette Gramszlo, Website & Newsletter Editor
- Kate Marshall, Graduate Student Representative
- Nathan Basile, Graduate Student Representative
- Jen Christofferson, student representative
SPP invites members with a shared interest to consider joining one or more Special Interest Groups (SIGs) by logging into the Member Portal and going to "Join a SIG/RIG/Affinity Group" on the dropbox.