SOCIETY OF PEDIATRIC PSYCHOLOGY ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2022
APRIL 7-9, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
In preparation for SPPAC 2022, we would like to share answers to some frequently asked questions. If there are other questions that we haven’t covered here, please email email@example.com.
SPP's health and safety guidelines for SPPAC 2022:
Please read this UPDATED SPPAC 2022 Health & Safety Protocol (revised: 3.13.22)
SPP is following local COVID-19 guidance and CDC recommendations for hosting this event and encourages attendees to do what we know helps to slow the spread of COVID-19. This includes being up to date on your COVID-19 vaccine series, wearing a mask when in crowded indoor settings, and isolating if you experience COVID-19 symptoms during the conference.
SPP encourages attendees to take the following Health Pledge:
- I am up to date on my COVID vaccine series or have had a negative PCR or antigen test within 48 hours of arriving to the conference.
- I will wear a mask when in crowded indoor settings.
- I will self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 daily. If I experience symptoms or test positive for COVID-19, I will isolate in my hotel room and contact the conference management team if I need assistance.
With regards to physical distancing, SPP will provide color-coded stickers to help attendees clearly show their interaction and distance comfort levels (Green = I’m OK with hugs and high fives, Yellow = I’m OK with talking but not touching, Red = Hello! I am keeping my distance.)
Hotel staff will follow the Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment policy, which can be viewed here.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be an evolving situation. This policy is subject to change in response to changes in national and local public health guidelines. The latest CDC COVID-19 Community Level for Maricopa County, AZ can be viewed here.
Will I be penalized if I submit an abstract and later withdraw my submission due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic?
We want submitters to feel comfortable submitting their science. If a submission is withdrawn, we welcome you to re-submit for the 2023 meeting.
Is there a virtual or hybrid option for SPPAC 2022?
In 2022, special interest and affinity groups will host their meetings via Zoom on April 4-5. All other conference programming will be held in person in Phoenix on April 7-9. We will not video record presentations at the live conference. We also will not provide a live simulcast during the conference.
Can I receive financial support to attend SPPAC 2022?
Please review SPP's award opportunities.
Complimentary registrations to SPPAC are available for:
- Plenary Speakers
- SPPAC International Travel Award: two winners
- Select Conference Planning Committee Members: Conference Chair, Conference Co-Chair, MAL CE, and Student Representative
- Journal Staff: JPP Editorial Assistant, JPP Publisher Representative, CPPP Editorial Assistant, CPPP Publisher Representative
- Conference Sponsors: one at levels at $3,000 or higher
- Non-Psychologist Speakers: e.g. physician non-members, family/patient advocates)
The pandemic is ongoing and public health guidance is evolving rapidly. SPP will be monitoring events closely and will adjust our meeting plans as needed. We hope to see you in Phoenix in 2022!