The goals of the Rehabilitation Medicine SIG are to:
- Provide education between colleagues who specialize in a specific field (e.g., TBI, physical disabilities, spinal cord injury, burns, etc).
- Foster small and large scale research projects amongst colleagues
- Connect students with potential mentors in this underrepresented specialty for purposes of career development.
- Remain up-to-date on most recent research and clinical practice through monthly discussions
- Provide networking, professional development, consultation, and support of psychologists working in new rehabilitation units.
Annual meet-ups will be held at the SPPAC conference every year to spotlight specific research and community outreach occurring within the field.
SPP invites members with a shared interest to consider joining one or more Special Interest Groups (SIGs) by logging into the Member Portal and going to "Join a SIG/RIG/Affinity Group" on the dropbox.