Save the date for the next SPP Annual Conference to take place on April 16-18, 2015.
By Emily Fredericks and Anna Maria Patiño-Fernández
The 2015 Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference (SPPAC) will be held April 16-18 at the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa in San Diego. The conference theme is “New Frontiers in Pediatric Psychology: From Innovation to Application” and will include a focus on the translation of research into clinical practice.
Consistent with this theme, we are interested in topics related to:
- Dissemination/translation of evidence-based practice into real-world settings.
- Use of technology in clinical research and practice.
- Community based interventions and effectiveness trials.
- Promotion of health and safety.
- Culturally sensitive and competent interventions; innovative strategies to address disparities and access to care.
- Multidisciplinary program development and evaluation.
- Funding/reimbursement patterns, including cost-effectiveness of clinical services, impact of the Affordable Care Act, use of Health and Behavior Codes.
- Grant writing.
Planning is well underway along with the assistance of APA Division Services, who will serve as the official conference planner for SPPAC 2015. We anticipate a call for submissions in October 2014, during which time we will solicit abstracts and proposals for workshops, posters and symposia.
We look forward to seeing everyone in sunny San Diego next spring.
The Society of Pediatric Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Society of Pediatric Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its content.