Clinical Subgroup of the Antiracism Workgroup
Amy Hahn email@example.com
Nicole Fleischer firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission and Objectives:
The mission of the Clinical Subgroup is to incorporate and expand cultural humility and informed care into the clinical work of members of the Society of Pediatric Psychology (SPP).
- Gather and organize existing resources at the institutional level across sites.
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement in resources.
- Provide Division 54 with access to resources/tools that can be used widely across clinical settings.
- Prioritize cultural humility, intersectionality, application to our field, and equity in the field of Pediatric Psychology.
Tip Sheets: Two separate teams are currently working on the development of tip sheets to address anti-racism topics relevant to clinical work. Tip sheets will be published and disseminated to SPP members. Current tip sheets include:
- Talking about Race: includes a brief overview of the importance of addressing racism with patients and families and action items for talking about race with patients.
- Implicit Bias: includes an overview of implicit bias and the effect on daily work, initial steps to identify and address the impact of implicit bias, and how to impact the broader system.
Infographics: Team members will work together with graphic designers to expand tip sheet information into infographics.
Tip Sheets: Additional tip sheets will be developed and disseminated based on clinical need and relevancy.
Additional opportunities: The group is engaged in ongoing discussions about manuscripts, webinars, and SPPAC 2022 trainings. Further, we remain cognizant of ongoing needs in the community and hold space for ideas and action items regarding needs that arise.
Contact Amy Hahn or Nicole Fleischer to join the Clinical Subgroup. We meet every fourth Tuesday of the month at 12:00pm ET.