The APA Annual Convention emphasizes collaborative programing involving multiple APA divisions.
By Elizabeth Pulgaron
Save the date for the 2016 APA Annual Convention, Thursday, Aug. 4 to Sunday, Aug. 7 in beautiful Denver, Colorado. The new APA convention format emphasizes collaborative programs where two or more APA divisions contribute to interdisciplinary learning. Themes for this year’s collaborative programs include:
- Social Justice in a Multicultural Society
- The Circle of Science: Integrating Science, Practice, and Policy
- Advancing the Ethics of Psychology: Issues and Solutions
- Cannabis: Concerns, Considerations, and Controversies
- Targeting the Leading Preventable Causes of Death
- Education and Professional Training Issues in Psychology
- The Future of Psychology: Advancing the Field in a Rapidly Changing World
Collaborative program proposals are due Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2015 — begin preparing your proposals now. Traditional divisional conference programing continues at the APA convention; the deadline for division-specific program proposal submission is Monday, Dec. 1. All proposals must be submitted through the APA convention website. As program chair for Div. 54, I am available to assist with developing collaborative programs. Please contact me to begin making connections with members of other divisions. I look forward to seeing you all in Denver next August.