Epilepsy Special Interest Group
Epilepsy presents challenges for more than one percent of youth, and youth with epilepsy (YWE) are at increased risk for psychological symptoms and low medication adherence but often do not receive adequate mental health services. Thus, the goals of this SIG are to:
- Increase awareness of epilepsy among SPP members.
- Foster communication between and support for pediatric psychologists who provide clinical care for YW.
- Encourage collaborative research endeavors.
- Provide recommendations to SPP for the care of and research with YWE.
- Facilitate pediatric psychologist interaction with epilepsy health care providers.
- Liaison with the American Epilepsy Society (AES).
- Hillary Kimbley, PsyD, SIG co-Chair
- Shannon Brothers, PhD, SIG co-Chair
SPP invites members with a shared interest to consider joining one or more Special Interest Groups (SIGs) by logging into the Member Portal and going to "Join a SIG/RIG/Affinity Group" on the dropbox.