Hematology/Oncology/Blood and Marrow Transplant Special Interest Group
The goals of this special interest group (SIG) are to:
- Collaborate with organizations with a similar focus (e.g., Children’s Oncology Group, American Psychosocial Oncology Society, International Psycho-Oncology Society) and other SPP SIGs that often overlap with the hematology/oncology/blood and marrow transplant (Hem/Onc/BMT) population (e.g., Adolescent and Young Adult SIG).
- Provide networking opportunities within SPP for members who have a clinical and/or research interest in Hem/Onc/BMT; in particular, connecting students and trainees with an interest in Hem/Onc/BMT with early, mid, and established career Hem/Onc/BMT psychologists.
- Provide a forum for discussion and sharing of information and ideas regarding clinical and research practices across institutions.
- Provide an opportunity for Hem/Onc/BMT programming during the SPP annual conferences.
- Hematology Co-Chair: Jeff Karst, PhD
- Oncology Co-Chair: Jordan Gilleland-Marchak, PhD, ABPP
- Member at Large - Advocacy: Claire Russell, PhD
- Member at Large – Research: Victoria Willard, PhD
- Member at Large - Education and Training: Molly Gardner, PhD and Kristin Long, PhD
- Communications/Webmaster: Karen Wohlheiter, PhD
- Student Representatives: Megan Perez, Emily Shultz, and Samantha Bento
Hem/Onc/BMT SIG E-mail Address: email@example.com
SPP invites members with a shared interest to consider joining one or more Special Interest Groups (SIGs) by logging into the Member Portal and going to "Join a SIG/RIG/Affinity Group" on the dropbox.