SPPAC 2022 Conference Highlights
SPPAC 2022 in Phoenix was a huge success! After 2 years of virtual conferencing, connecting in-person with our colleagues and friends left members feeling rejuvenated and inspired by the innovative work being done by our SPP members. Attendance was similar to our last pre-pandemic in-person conference, with nearly 700 attendees!
SPPAC started with 2 virtual days of SIG, RIG, and Affinity Group meetings. Conference programming included three invited plenary speakers, 15 scientific symposia, 10 professional development seminars, 10 pre-conference workshops, 4 poster sessions, Internships and Fellowships on Parade, and networking events across the career lifespan.
We extend a very special thanks to our plenary speakers: Margarita Alegria, Ph.D., Nancy D. Spector, M.D., and Amber A. Hewitt, Ph.D. whose talks motivated us to consider the essential roles of advocacy and leadership in pediatric psychology.
Congratulations again to the distinguished award winners honored at SPPAC:
- Carolyn S. Schroeder Award for Outstanding Clinical Practice: Laura Mee, Ph.D.
- Dennis Drotar Distinguished Research Award: Maru Barrera, Ph.D.
- Donald K. Routh Early Career Award: Diane Chen, Ph.D.
- Michael C. Roberts Award for Outstanding Mentorship: Melissa Alderfer, Ph.D.
- Wright Ross Salk Award for Distinguished Service: Jennifer Pendley, Ph.D.
- SPP Award for Distinguished Contributions to Diversity: Marilyn Sampilo, Ph.D.
A tremendous thank you to our amazing SPPAC 2022 Chair, Emily Law, Ph.D., and co-chair, Soumitri Sil, Ph.D. Thank you to the scientific program committee, abstract reviewers, presenters, volunteers, and Degnon & Associates for your help in making this year’s conference run smoothly! We are all looking forward to seeing each other next year in Chicago!