By Jennifer Pendley, Ph.D., SPP President
During the Board of Directors Winter meeting, and in subsequent meetings since, the vision and mission of the Society of Pediatric Psychology was updated to reflect our values and direction as a society. We are excited to share them with you.
Healthier children, youth and families
To actively promote the health and psychological well-being of all children, youth and families.
• Recruit, engage, develop, and retain a diverse and inclusive community of members
• Focus on culturally responsive evidence-based practice.
• Serve as the authoritative source of information about pediatric psychology for the public, stakeholders, and health professionals.
• Advance and support science and education initiatives in pediatric psychology, including an annual conference and peer-reviewed journals.
• Develop and sustain communication outlets that provide a valuable and integral resource for the membership and the public.
• Advocate for pediatric psychology on the national and international levels.
• Advocate for policies that benefit the health and well-being of all children, youth, and families
• Support priority research initiatives in pediatric psychology