Society of Pediatric Psychology
Student Advisory Board
The SPP Student Advisory Board (SAB) is now accepting applications for five SAB member positions and one Student Representative position. SAB members hold two-year terms, from January 2023 through December 2024, with a transition to the position beginning in September 2022. Each open position requires approximately 4-8 hours of work per month, depending on the role and the time of year. Please see the attached document for details on the duties of each SAB committee.
The six open positions are the following:
- Advocacy & Service Committee
- Service Co-Chair
- Communication Committee
- Podcast Co-Chair
- Membership Committee
- NCR Co-Chair
- Programming Committee
- Networking Chair
- Mentoring Chair
- Student Representative
- Active Division 54 student membership.
- Applicants must be at or above their 3rd year of doctoral studies for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Applicants must not be eligible for graduation from their program until after their term is complete in December 2024.
A single PDF document containing the documents below should be submitted electronically to the Student Representative (Sahar Eshtehardi – firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59 pm (PST) on Monday, August 8th, 2022.
- CV with contact information
- A one-page (single-spaced) statement indicating your interest in serving as a SAB member, committee preference (i.e., Advocacy & Service, Communication Committee, Membership Committee, Programming Committee), chair preference, and highlights of how you would contribute to that specific role.
- Completed “SAB Application Supplemental Questions” pdf form.
- Letter of recommendation from your primary mentor speaking specifically to your leadership skills, ability to manage multiple responsibilities, and your alignment with SPP’s strategic drivers. The LOR can either be included in the single PDF submission or directly emailed by the primary mentor to the Student Representative.
Application Deadline & Review Process:
The application deadline is 11:59 pm (PST) on Monday, August 8th, 2022. We understand that faculty availability during the summer months is varied. Thus, if you have concerns about obtaining a letter of recommendation from your primary mentor by the current deadline, please reach out to the Student Representative at least one week before the application deadline.
The SAB highly encourages applicants who have applied in previous years and students from underrepresented backgrounds and doctoral programs to consider applying. Preference is given to students with leadership experience and those active in pediatric psychology through research and clinical activities. Note that we will aim to choose only one student from a given institution for each committee.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions - you can reach the Student Representative, Sahar Eshtehardi, at email@example.com. Thank you, and we look forward to reviewing your applications!
All the best,
SPP Student Advisory Board
Sahar Eshtehardi, M.S., LPA | Doctoral Candidate
Counseling Psychology, Health Psychology Track
Social Determinants/Health Disparities Lab
Department of Psychological, Health, & Learning Sciences
University of Houston
Society of Pediatric Psychology (APA Division 54)